Nicola Raggi is an Award-winning cinematographer with a
strong and unique style, who was deeply influenced by three-time
Academy Award winner, Vittoio Storaro as well as the great Luca Bigazzi.
Winner of Best Cinematography in a Feature Film
Nominated 4 times for Best Cinematography in 2020 at:
Valencia IFF 2020 for "FLESH IS HEIR TO"
He won the “Golden Gondola” for Best Cinematography (Torino Film Festival) in 2015
Nicola’s wide body of work has screened in competition at
international festivals including Torino Film Festival, Berlin and SXSW.
On the commercial front, Nicola’s credits include the GAP 2017 spring/summer campaign.
Early in his career, Nicola honed his craft as a colorist, editor and camera assistant in countless projects around the world. Other recent projects include the American independent feature film "Tom’s Dilemma", a New York drama, produced by Darren Dean (Tangerine, The Florida Project) and "The Adventures of Jubeez", an action-adventure movie shot in New Mexico with all local cast and crew.
US Permanent Resident (Green Card owner)
from 2006 to present CINEMATOGRAPHER
from 06/2012 to 10/2018 Cinematography Instructor @ New York Film Academy – NYC
from 06/2006 to 08/2010 Editor & Colorist @ LoadingLab inc. – Siena, ITALY
from 09/2006 to 08/2010 Professor of Video Production @ University of Siena – Siena, ITALY
2006 Co-founder of Loading Lab inc. Production company
– 2016 American Society of Cinematographers, Cinematography Master Class
– 2010-2011 Master Cinematography program @ New York Film Academy
– October 2008 Workshop on cinematography for TV and cinema @ Accademia della Luce with Vittorio Storaro, Pino
Quini e Marco Incagnoli
– 2005 3D Animation and Modelling @ ARSNOVA Siena
– From 1998 to 2006 University of Siena (Italy) Psychology of communication Bachelor degree.
– 1998 Scientific Studies High School Diploma at Liceo Scientifigo G. Marconi Foligno (Italy)
BEST CAMERAMAN 2016
BEST CAMERA WORK 2011
VENICE FILM FESTIVAL
BEST CINEMATOGAPHY 2010
short program meeting
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY 2010
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY 2011